Accounts Receivable Representative/Medical Billing Representative
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Surgical Care Affiliates in Carmel, IN is seeking an Accounts Receivable Representative/Billing Representative.
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 205 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities clinically, operationally, and financially.
The AR Representative will be responsible for thorough and timely account follow up to ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate. The AR Representative will be responsible for daily generation of patient statements, filing appeals and working of all insurance denials. The AR Representative will be responsible for answering patient calls and correspondence while providing timely, accurate, professional responses and resolution.
- Primary functions are resolution of patient balances, insurance claims, and credit balance management.
- Accurate and timely follow up of resolution for all accounts receivable. Per Collection policy all claims must have documented follow-up (every 30 days)
- Understands each payer contract and will utilize to ensure payments received are correct.
- Understands and can explain the Explanation of Benefits received from any payer.
- Works closely with payer provider relations representatives.
- Has thorough knowledge of ASC Allowable procedures.
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS, Workers Com., self-pay and third party reimbursement issues.
- Effectively and independently handles second level reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for serviced before and after procedures.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the biller and/or Revenue Cycle Manager, insurance payers and/or patients on past due accounts.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school preferred
- Three five years experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
- Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and Applications
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Carmel , Accounts Receivable Representative/Medical Billing Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!