Company: Fresenius Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job ID 21000LFT
Available Openings 1
Position Specific Information
Two Meridian Park Pl, 12400 N Meridian St Ste 200, Carmel,
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performing general office duties incorporating a variety of basic
and routine clerical and secretarial duties in a clinical
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direct/close supervision, performs a variety of basic and
routine clerical and secretarial duties. These may include but are
not limited to:
- Preparing and typing routine correspondence, form letters and
- Answering telephone & routing calls to the appropriate
- Greeting visitors and patients as applicable and conducting
them to the appropriate location or person as needed.
- Setting up and maintaining filing systems and basic databases
- Completing forms and reports as required by the various company
offices and outside vendors and agencies.
- Recording the minutes of meetings and providing the resulting
documents as necessary.
- Making copies of correspondence and other printed matter as
required by manager.
- Preparing purchase orders using the appropriate software
- Assisting with department/facility accounts receivable and
accounts payable functions and responsibilities as needed.
- Distributing incoming mail.
- Maintaining calendar and daily schedules.
- Scheduling appointments & arranging meetings.
- Maintaining inventory of the necessary office forms and
- Assisting with various basic personnel administrative functions
- Acting as backup to other clerical personnel in office as
- Assists in the collection of Patient Statistical Profile and
Continuous Quality Improvement Data.
- Assists with month-end reporting requirements
- Assists in auditing records for ongoing compliance with medical
- Maintains accurate records of hospitalization, patient travel,
etc. to facilitate coordination of patient scheduling, ancillary
- Prepares medical records for facsimile or mail related to
travel, transplant, disability and others.
- Organizes travel for patients by contacting and providing
requested medical records.
- Coordinates with transient patient paperwork.
- Coordinates transfer placements and confirmations along with
- Confirms admissions paperwork is completed and sent to
designated department(s), such as billing, by collecting, faxing
- Assist with medical appointment referrals and scheduling.
- Assist with transportation coordination and referrals.
- Ensures data entry has been completed for Crown Web. Related to
ESRD 2728. ESRD 2746 and PART.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
possible interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
The position may require travel between assigned facilities and
various locations within the community. The work environment may be
characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature
control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 6 months relevant experience without a degree - 0-6
months experience with an Associate degree or secretarial
- Experience working knowledge of computers with Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Good verbal communication
- Pleasant telephone manner.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Center, Carmel , Secretary, Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!