Senior Network Engineer
Company: Anchor Point Technology Resources
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Anchor Point is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work
Hybrid in Either Carmel Indiana or Colorado Spring CO. This is
HYBRID and is contract to hire. SUMMARY:The ideal candidate will
provide technical infrastructure leadership on design,
installation, configuration, and tier-3 support of interconnected
LAN, WAN, WLAN, and IPT. The senior engineer will serve as part of
the Enterprise IT Network Services team with cross functional
engagement with other technical and business areas such as other IT
infrastructure teams, Security, Enterprise Applications, Regional
IT teams, and Product Engineering. The role requires the ability to
effectively operate in a blended environment of business and
technical personnel of various levels across the global
organization. Monitor and analyze network performance, ensuring
operational efficiency, integrity and maintenance of capacity. Take
corrective actions as necessary to address gaps.Day to Day/
- Lead tier 3 troubleshooting and decisive problem solving for
recovery of network functions from failure or degradation,
including switching, routing, telephony, and telecom circuitry with
both on premise infrastructure and public cloud where
- Perform root cause analysis to eliminate reoccurring incidents.
Provide on-call support as needed.
- Lead global network team in establishing standards for LAN and
WLAN devices and associated connectivity. This includes configuring
& support of physical and virtual network devices, while
maintaining accurate network documentation.
- Drive coordination and collaboration working with 3rd party
service providers to accomplish wide area network and global data
center service and operational goals.
- Work with internal customers to interpret, clarify, and
implement change requests on network-related solutions. Analyze
user or facility requirements, evaluate options, recommend
solutions and manage the implementation of a network associated
- Assist in assigned business or IT projects to drive network
operational and/or improvements. Provide accurate, reliable status
updates to management for network support or projects.
- Provide technical leadership on the evaluation, selection,
design, installation, and administration of IT products and
solutions with security features/functions/requirements as they
come and go within the environment.
- Perform other assigned operational duties.Skills & Experience
- MUST HAVE: 10+ years of experience in a technical role with
tier 3 issue resolution experience. Minimum of 5-10 years working
in manufacturing and office environments. Broad technical IT
knowledge and awareness of industry trends. Cisco certifications
(CCNA, CCNP, etc.) preferred.
- MUST HAVE: bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or
equivalent experience in Network Operations.
- Understanding and skill at enterprise-level design and
troubleshooting of local area networks, hardware, cabling and
- Organization and coordination skills to schedule equipment
installation and replacement as well as maintain equipment
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network
- Primarily knowledge should include layer 2 and 3 switches,
wireless access points, wireless controllers.
- Broad knowledge should include voice gateways, routers and
firewalls. Must have experience developing work standards and
- MUST HAVE: Thorough knowledge of Cisco IOS commands, TCP/IP and
- General knowledge of IP Telephony required.
- Experience with diagnostic tools and hardware commands to help
- Willingness to work varying hours as necessary. Some travel may
- MUST HAVE: Understanding of the latest security principles,
techniques, and protocols. Have basic knowledge of best security
- Experience working in cross functional teams with vendors and
the ability to work as part of a virtual team. Includes effectively
planning work, controlling projects, and reporting progress.
- Maintain positive, productive customer and team
- Candidate must be a self-motivated problem solver operating
with limited supervision to help achieve goals for a global team.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Skilled in preparing technical specifications for deliverables.
Ability to learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using
documentation and internet resources.
- Must have professional verbal and written communications skills
to effectively relay technical issues in a non-technical manner,
considering each customer's focus and priority.
- Hardware- 800+ access points
- 65% project base, 35% support - some design work would be nice
Keywords: Anchor Point Technology Resources, Carmel , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!