Company: Merchants Bank of Indiana
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Description:Our Network Engineer will provide IT networking and
security functions, including firewall and switch configuration,
maintenance, and troubleshooting. In addition, you will work with
vulnerability and patch management and help with security
recommendations. Effective communication and excellent customer
service are equally important to technical skills and experience.
The ideal person will deliver timely solutions the first time while
leaving amazing impressions. We have a lot of fun, but our team is
great at coming together under pressure and getting it done when
issues pop up.
In one year as a Network Engineer, you will know you were
successful if you---
- Help manage network and communication system operations,
planning, and new implementations at remote sites and for
- Monitor network and security applications for alerts. Respond
and take appropriate actions to notify and remediate threats and
- Work with vendors to ensure all circuits and network equipment
remain updated and operational to deliver maximum uptime during
- Help design and implement general IT security measures
including cybersecurity preventative and incident response
- Lead IT projects and provide project updates to department
- Help with patching and update support for both Systems and
- Help review and update IT Security documentation, policies, and
- Stay engaged with industry standards and make recommendations
for security improvementsRequirements:What we are looking for---
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering, or a
- 5 years of experience with networking on an enterprise level.
Preferable knowledge of Palo Alto and Juniper equipment
- 1 - 2 years of experience with incident detection, incident
response, and forensics. Must demonstrate experience with
cybersecurity and network topics.
- Requires network support and documentation experience.
- IT Certifications focusing on network switching and security
topics are a plus
- Preferred experience with supporting a financial services
organizationRanked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by
S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a
diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana,
operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing
and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse
financing, retail, and correspondent residential mortgage banking,
agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants
Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect
subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp.,
Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a
division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel
valued and is proud to be once again recognized by the Indiana
Chamber of Commerce's Best Places to Work Program. This is the
seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best
Places to Work organization.
Keywords: Merchants Bank of Indiana, Carmel , Network Engineer, Engineering , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!