Financial Transmission Rights & Pricing Engineer II, Senior
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Job ID: FM201 Description: Position Location: Carmel, IN MISO OVERVIEW MISO manages the electricity super highway in the Central U.S. Through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. We make certain that the right amount of electricity is generated and delivered dependably and cost-effectively every minute of every day. MISO makes this happen by operating one of the world's largest energy markets, with $25 billion in annual transactions. We are committed to being a trusted partner to our members and we strive to be the most reliable, value-creating Regional Transmission Organization. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future - it's what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day. For more info about MISO, check us out on YouTube
POSITION OVERVIEW Responsible for timely execution and analysis of Auction Revenue Right (ARR) allocations and Financial Transmission Rights (FTR) auctions, and real-time energy and ancillary product prices. Administer the monitoring and validation of the real-time energy and ancillary market prices. Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure accurate market operations. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validate network models and modeling components such as transmission topology, flowgates, contingencies, loopflows, and transmission outages, for the ARR Allocation and FTR auction processes.
- Gather business requirements and support functional testing of software and commercial/network models used by FTR & Pricing Administration
- Monitor, analyze, validate and approve Real-Time prices for Energy and Ancillary Services
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improving the performance and efficiency of ARR allocations, FTR auctions, and Energy/Ancillary markets
- Receive and evaluate FTR bids and ARR nominations by the market participants for use in the Simultaneous Feasibility Test
- Audit market operation processes to ensure consistency with market rules
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, and documentation of market rules, systems, and operational business practices
- Evaluate both routine and difficult matters of moderate risk and identifies multiple solutions using advanced analytical techniques. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required or 2+ years of applicable internal MISO experience with a related Engineering degree, required.
- Master's degree, preferred
- At least two years of relevant work experience, required
- At least two years of related Real-time or Market Operations experience preferred
- Power flow analysis and programming experience preferred
- Previous energy industry experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, SQL-Plus, PL/SQL, and scripting languages preferred Appropriate level will be determined based upon experience and knowledge
Keywords: Miso, Carmel, Financial Transmission Rights & Pricing Engineer II, Senior, Engineering, Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!