DevOps Automation Engineer
Company: Allied Solutions
Posted on: August 15, 2019
The DevOps Automation Engineer is an integral part of the Devops/
IS team leading and facilitating automation efforts of our on
premise and cloud operations infrastructure. This role is part of
small, dedicated, hands-on team of IT professionals working to
ensure a positive experience for our clients while making strong
technical business decisions with members of related teams.
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects, and DevOps
engineers to design and implement automated solutions with CD
Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and
- Work with other technical teams to create system and workflow
information visible through monitoring systems and web based
- Develop tools and implement systems to automate server and
other infrastructure provisioning
- Maintain and improve configuration management platform keeping
up with the current technologies in the space.
- Implement processes and work with systems to deploy
applications to development and production environments.
- Maintain Git version control repositories and related systems
supporting initiatives around "infrastructure as code".
- Be a technical resource for merge requests, assisting others in
writing scripts, and answer questions about use of the
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the build,
deployment, and continuous integration process.
- Document build, continuous integration and deployment
- Leverage scripting languages to build automated solutions and
integrations on an ad-hoc basis. Languages often include
PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Ruby and Python across both Windows and
- Work with XML and JSON based APIs to orchestrate integration
between infrastructure components.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience working with tight deadlines and managing multiple
- Ability to learn new systems and technology rapidly
- Self-motivated with outstanding organization and attention to
- Ability to work assignments with minimal supervision
- A background in software development
- Passion for automating Infrastructure, software deployment, and
- An interest in Continuous Delivery and building fully automated
- Experience setting up and maintaining build processes,
deploying code bases to multiple environments and managing releases
Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Linux
- Web Servers:-IIS, Apache/Tomcat
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Mongo
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef,
- Deployment: Octopus Deploy
- Version Control: GitLab, Git, TFS
- CI Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins
- VMWare vRealize, Puppet Razor
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Monitoring and Logging: Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics,
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Virtualization: VMware
Keywords: Allied Solutions, Carmel , DevOps Automation Engineer, Engineering , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!