Front Desk Manager
Company: Renaissance Indianapolis North
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Overview$54,340/year$500 in sign on bonuses available ($250 paid
after 30 days; $250 paid after 90 days)Bonus Eligible positionMust
have hotel experience in a managment/supervisor capacity Come work
with the best at the Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel! Now
hiring a Front Desk Manager to lead our amazing team of hotel
professionals! Major Functions: Supervises the front desk by
directing and supervising Guest Service Agents to ensure the best
possible guest satisfaction, employee morale, standards, training
and profit. Essential Functions:
- Provides the highest quality of service to the customer at all
- Maintains and improves guest service and courtesy control
programs. Accountable for GSS scores and improvement.
- Manages any guest problem or complaint in a professional and
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in
the WHG Employee Handbook.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all WHG Policies and
Procedures and ensures adherence to the WHG Employee Conduct
- Wears proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance
with the Standards of Personal appearance.
- Monitors Front Desk Uniform standards.
- Ensures that the Front Desk area is maintained in a clean and
- Maintains adequate levels of Front Office supplies.
- Has a thorough knowledge of Property Management System and
- Coordinates and creates schedules weekly based on the occupancy
forecast and provides forecast of productivity index for the week
which meets PI goal. Schedule is to be approved by Assistant
Manager and posted on Wednesday each week.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Guest Service Satisfaction system
and scores. Ensure s scores are updated in the department and
explained to all team members. Respond appropriately to any surveys
assigned to you.
- Resolves Guest Challenges and takes appropriate action to
ensure 100% Guest satisfaction.
- Attends weekly meeting (Staff meeting, GSS and other deemed
necessary) to be informed of Hotel business and to inform othe
department supervisors and managers of schedule needs.
- Participates in the hiring process. Understands the Gallup
process and standards.
- Completes all associates reviews accurately and timely per
deadlines provided by Human Resources.
- Interprets job specifications to Front Desk staff and assigns
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve
- After service training, assists in ensuring staff continues to
learn the importance of excellent service.
- Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assist employees in
solving work problems.
- Coaches and counsels employees to encourage positive behaviors
and correct negative behaviors.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions,
transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Interviews applicants, orients and trains new employees.
Conducts ongoing training of all Front Desk employees to increase
job knowledge and skill level.
- Conducts a monthly department meeting to review new procedures
and solicits input from all employees.
- Computes time cards daily, monitors overtime (overtime should
be approved by management). Inputs weekly payroll as required and
properly store previous weeks' time cards. Completes weekly
progress report and reconciles with payroll register.
- Ensures that all employees are adhering to Front Desk credit
policies and procedures to minimize bad debts and rebates.
- Completes shift end and period end tasks, including critique of
cash over and short, and inventories.
- Ensures that every effort is made to attain the best possible
average rate and room occupancy.
- Ensures that the Hotel is balanced daily and that discrepancies
are communicated to Management and Bookkeeping. Checks to be sure
counts are accurate and that proper departments are notified of
- Coordinates preparation of the weekly forecast and weekly work
schedule and posts by Wednesday of each week.
- Has a sound knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Interprets company policies and provides a safe working
environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs.
- Acts as Manager on Duty and is responsible for the Hotel
operation on a regular basis.
- Has a working knowledge of the maintenance and operating
procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Monitors and critiques adherence to the established
- Other duties as assigned of which the employee is capable of
performing.ResponsibilitiesThe individual must possess the
following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain
and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions
of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using another
combination of skills and abilities. Ability to effectively deal
with internal and external customers, some of whom will require
high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and
collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic
mathematical skills required. Ability to access and accurately
input information using a moderately complex computer
system.Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the
front desk.Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and
prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues
generated. Experience: Two years combined prior front desk and
supervisory experience preferred. Grooming: All employees must
maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
Keywords: Renaissance Indianapolis North, Carmel , Front Desk Manager, Executive , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!