Senior Campaign Manager, Students of the Year
Company: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Posted on: August 16, 2019
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a
living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS,
employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of
our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a
specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on
making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's
disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients
and their families.Join us and give new meaning to the word,
"job."Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) large or
multiple large fundraising campaign(s) or core event(s) in support
of LLS' mission, and to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or
chapter's chartered area. Reports to: Assigned staffSupervises: May
supervise assigned staffCampaign: Students of the Year
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to
recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation
activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions
and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement
of revenue goals.
- Oversee all aspects of large fundraising campaign(s) to include
the Students of the Year, or other special events events as
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the
fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget
recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising
campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense),
community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of
- Ensure revenue goals are met by partnering with chapter
leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer
committees and event participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising
event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to
ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment,
mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer
leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal
fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups,
schools, and key donors to engage them in the LLS fundraising
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Managers, Specialist,
and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and
efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion,
performance, termination of those supervised.
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of
services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment,
promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs
to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event
- Previous experience as a Campaign ManagerPosition Requirements:
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient
access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer
management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media &
emerging online channels.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in volunteer development and
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and
- Highly organized and professional.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.Physical Demands & Work
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs
in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15
pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the
Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from
third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes
to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS
is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by
LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal
Keywords: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Carmel , Senior Campaign Manager, Students of the Year, Executive , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!