Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: The Barington of Carmel
Posted on: February 12, 2020
Description: Position Summary:Provides prescribed medical
treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent,
and disabled persons in the retirement community and health center
by performing the following duties:Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:The following duties are normal for this position.
This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and
documents in medical record. Obtains and records patient's vital
signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs
- Documents services performed for billing purposes.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication
or treatment to physician, supervisor, etc.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques. Notes time and amount on
patients' charts. Knowledgeable of common action, usual dosage, and
- Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, pressure relief
equipment, and oxygen supplies.
- Collects samples for laboratory such as urine, blood, and
sputum, from patients. Performs routine tests on samples such as
glucometer tests and urine dipsticks.
- Compliance - Participates in all in-service programs to expand
and develop abilities. Maintains compliance to all personnel
policies, established community policies and procedures, and
Federal and State regulations and standards, including but not
limited to HIPAA privacy and confidentiality laws. Understands and
implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and
evacuation procedures of the community during drills and actual
- Records food and fluid intake and output.
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in walking, transferring,
- Cleans rooms, makes beds, and answers patients' calls.
- Washes and prepares bodies of deceased persons.
- Follows up with patients, family and/or physician offices on
lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals/appointments for patients and physician
- May need to respond as appropriate to personal calls from the
Independent Living Center. Duties in this setting may include but
are not limited to providing First Aid, call emergency personnel
(dial 911), and/or call family members at request of Independent
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PM19. Requirements:
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
preferred; one to two years related experience and/or education; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: The Barington of Carmel, Carmel , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!