Autism Therapy Assistant
Company: LittleStar ABA Therapy
Posted on: June 20, 2022
We deliver exceptional service by hiring extraordinary
If you are passionate about helping others and want to have a
career changing lives, then the Autism Therapy Assistant position
could be the perfect fit for you.
About UsLittleStar ABA Therapy works with children, teens, and
young adults affected by autism. Operating as a non-profit
organization, we use our resources to ensure quality services to
our patients, and to invest in our staff and the autism community.
Our clinical leadership consists of experts in the field of ABA,
including three PhDs and a world-class advisory board. We have been
improving the lives of individuals with autism for over 20
SummaryThe Autism Therapy Assistant position is one of the most
important roles within our organization! As an Autism Therapy
Assistant, you will implement your patient's individualized program
written by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Using Applied
Behavior Analysis (ABA), you will help your patient learn new
skills that are truly beneficial to them and their family. Some of
the targets we work on are social, communication, vocational, and
life skills. We support patients from two years old to young
adults. Services are implemented in the most appropriate setting
for the patient and can include the therapy center, home, school,
workplace, and/or other community-based setting. The Autism Therapy
Assistant position offers a lot of variety as each day can look a
Why You Should Work as an Autism Therapy Assistant
- Work one-on-one with individuals on the autism spectrum and
help them learn skills to improve the quality of their life.
- This position provides great experience for anyone interested
psychology, social work, speech and occupational therapy,
education, and all human services.
- Grow professionally and personally. Autism Therapy Assistants
learn skills that are applicable in various occupations and many
aspects of life.
- Be an advocate for your patient! Help reduce frustration and
challenging behavior, while increasing more appropriate responses
and social skills.
- Build relationships and have fun while you work!
- This is a great position for anyone motivated and rewarded by
seeing patients make real progress. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
is the most effective treatment for individuals with autism and is
endorsed by the US Surgeon General. It is science based and proven
"Behavior analysis... it's more than a job, it's a calling." - Dr.
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for helping others, patience, and kindness
- Dependable and responsible
- Able to adapt to new situations
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license, reliable and safe
vehicle, and a clean driving record
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs., and to engage in physical
activities like running, jumping, reaching with arms, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate with patients, families, and
- RBT certification. If not certified at time of offer, must be
attained within the orientation/training period or before working
with patients. LittleStar will cover the cost associated with
- To learn more about ABA Therapy and to get a head start on
becoming an RBT, complete a free 40-hour training through Autism
Why Work at LittleStar?
- Highly competitive pay starting at $21/hour and up to $1500 in
- We are a non-profit organization, so we always focus on what is
best for the individuals we serve.
- Quality training and a supportive team.
- Two to four hours a week of guidance and additional training
from a supervisor.
- Monthly team meetings for team building, collaboration, and
- A friendly, relaxed, and fun atmosphere.
- Healthy work-life balance with schedules within the 8-5ish
range during the week.
- We were the first ABA center in the state of Indiana!
MissionTo inspire, serve, and guide all those touched by autism to
achieve a better reality.
VisionTo be the trusted, innovative, compassionate partner creating
new possibilities for individuals touched by autism across their
Core ValuesReal Care, Real Advocacy, and Real Progress
This Employer Participates in E-Verify and All Offers of Employment
are Contingent Upon Clear Results of a Background
Keywords: LittleStar ABA Therapy, Carmel , Autism Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!