Medical Assistant - OB/GYN
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: September 19, 2022
We Are Hiring: The work you do is important. Ascension St.
Vincent Medical Group in Carmel, IN is looking to add a Medical
Assistant to our Women's Health Alliance Team! -No Weekends, No
evenings, and no major holidays!
- This is a full time position
- 4 10/hr days or 5 8/hr days Monday through Friday.
- The office is open from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. and hours do flex based
on start times between 7-8:30 amBenefits include:
- Generous PTO
- Excellent Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employer Matching Retirement Plan
- Discount programs & more! What You Will Do: Assist with the
examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a
provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse.
- Perform select clinical duties.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record information
on patients' charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Perform basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Perform basic materials management functions to include
ordering and stocking of supplies.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up
instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including, but not limited to,
laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications. What You Will
Need: Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or
job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American
Red Cross accepted.
- One or more of the following required:
- Medical Assistant specializing in Registered obtained within 3
Months (90 days) of hire date OR job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days)
of hire date OR job transfer date.Education:
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable
cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used
in lieu of education OR - - - - - experience, if applicable.
Additional Preferences: No additional preferences. Why Join Our
Team: Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville,
Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers
in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in
addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices,
rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range
of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life
balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a
diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who
are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all
- especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an
immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer.
Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
protected status.Pay Non-Discrimination Notice: fFor further
information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link
to the "EEO is the Law" poster:fPlease note that Ascension will
make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied
for a position using our official application. Be on alert for
possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not
solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify
Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Health, Carmel , Medical Assistant - OB/GYN, Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!