Registered Nurse Manager (RN) - NICU
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 267336 Registered Nurse Manager (RN) - NICU Carmel, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Registered Nurse Manager (RN) City, State: Carmel, IN Location: Carmel-13500 North Meridian Department: Neonatal ICU Unit 001 Additional Job Details: Full-Time Day, 40 hours Weekly, Monday - Friday St. Vincent Carmel Maternity Services offers a comprehensive Monogram Maternity program for all types of pregnancies including moderate-risk and high-risk pregnancies. We work closely with the obstetricians by supporting you and your baby throughout the journey. Our goal is to deliver excellent prenatal care, including childbirth education classes, help create a personalized birth plan and help mom's feel more comfortable about their upcoming birth experience. Our maternity suites are spacious, bright and comfortable with comfortable linens and plenty of room for the family to visit. We are a family-centered program that focuses on the needs of entire family. The Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is staffed 24/7 by board-certified neonatologists who are also pediatricians. Our NICU is well prepared to stabilize and monitor the premature baby as well as newborns with fetal concerns that do not require surgical interventions. The NICU has advanced care newborn incubators to help your baby thrive. Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey. Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need. Holistic Growth Opportunities: We realize growth is more than professional development at Ascension. Associates desire personal and spiritual development as well. That's why our development programs focus on the whole self - body, mind and spirit. About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Job Description Job Summary: The Registered Nurse Manager manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s). Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within one month of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, or combination of diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing and related experience required.
- Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience preferred. Work Experience:
- Three Years NICU Experience Required .
- One Year Required Management/Leadership Experience.
- Five Years Preferred NICU Experience.
- Five Years Preferred Leadership/Mgmt Experience. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. The Spirit of Caring Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Carmel , Registered Nurse Manager (RN) - NICU, Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!