RN Registered Nurse - Bariatric Progressive Care Unit
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job ID: 252637 RN Registered Nurse - Bariatric Progressive Care Unit Carmel, Indiana Regular Additional Job Information Title:--RN-Registered Nurse City, State:-- Carmel,IN Location:-- Carmel-13500 North Meridian Department:---- Bariatric Surgical Unit 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time,Night,--36 hours,Weekly 7 PM - 730 AM Sunday - Saturday, rotating every 3rd weekend.---- The St. Vincent Bariatric Center is by far the most active and most experienced bariatric program in Indiana, offering both surgical and non-surgical weight loss options.----As a result of our approach, many of our patients experience more than just long-term weight reduction: they experience notable improvement in their health. Concerns---including diabetes, hypertension, respiratory problems, heart disease and depression---often improve after weight loss, and patients gain a new, more positive outlook on life and are given the opportunity to pursue a lifestyle that before they only dreamed of having. In addition to providing direct care, a bariatric nurse--provides patient teaching, evaluates patient progress after bariatric surgery and alters plan if needed, and prepares patients for discharge in collaboration with the bariatric surgery team. About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. -- Responsibilities:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified--BLS Provider--obtained within--1 Month (30 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification--specializing in--Advanced Cardio Life Support.-- Education:
- Associate Degree--
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date to position
- Bachelor's Level Degree--
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor---s Degree in Nursing by hire date to position Work Experience:
- Minimum Qualification: No experience.
- Preferred Qualification: One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN). How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. -- If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. -- To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs -- To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. -- Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- -- -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Carmel , RN Registered Nurse - Bariatric Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!