Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA)
Posted on: March 14, 2019
We Are Hiring Certified Medical Assistant - Firstline Personal Health - Full-Time, Day - Carmel-11725 N Illinois St - Carmel, INWhy Join Ascension? St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. What You Will Do Medical assistants are a treasured resource to our healthcare system. As our Medical Assistant (MA), you will be entrusted with being the warm and welcoming connection between the patient and healthcare team. You will:
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Or Certification specializing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Assistant specializing in Registered obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- RMA and CMA highly preferred by date of hire.
- BLS required by date of hire.Education:
- High school diploma or GED required Work Experience:
- None required, but highly preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Carmel , Medical Assistant (CMA, RMA), Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!