RN Supervisor - Pendleton Correctional Facility
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Wexford of Indiana LLC is a member of the Wexford family of
companies : a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional
health care companies. Wexford provides clients with experienced
management; technologically advanced services; and programs that
control costs while ensuring quality of care. For more than two
decades, the Wexford companies have consistently delivered proven
staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health,
pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims
processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford of Indiana LLC, our philosophy is that health care
should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for
those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. This
posting is for a Full Time RN Supervisor at Pendleton Correctional
Center in Pendleton, IN.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing, the RN
Supervisor will participate and assist in the structuring and
comprehensive planning and implementing of the Nursing Services
Program that guides the delivery of a quality health care
- Receives and reviews daily outpatient and infirmary
- Manages all infirmary and clinic nursing functions. Acts as a
consultant and/or resource within site to facilitate offender
- Coordinates offender care requirements with other departments
within the facility and the continuity of offender care with
outside health care facilities.
- Provides functional direction and guidance to nursing staff
through on-the-job training and ensures appropriate and quality
orientation for all newly hired staff.
- Participates in planning, priority setting and the development
of policies and procedures for health care activities that are in
compliance with contractual requirements, Department of Corrections
and applicable national standards.
- Coordinates and monitors orientation, in-services and
continuing education within the Division of Nursing Services.
Plans, develops and conducts in-service training classes for
professional and/or paraprofessional patient care personnel.
- Coordinates the development, provision and evaluation of
patient care according to the standards of quality care.
- Assists with the selection and evaluation of all nursing
personnel and assists administrative staff in personnel functions
relating to nursing staff.
- Is familiar with overtime and commodity budgets and works to
remain within budget.
- Notifies Director of Nursing of staffing variances.
- Complies with, assesses, and enforces Wexford Health/facility
policies and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Ensures the existence of an Infection Control Program and
supervises the activities of the program as well as ongoing
monitoring of the program in compliance with Company/Facility
policies and procedures and community standards.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports as requested by the Health
Services or Regional Manager.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff as required per
Company/Facility policies to maintain optimal levels of
communication within the Health Care Unit.
- Acts as administrator on call for nursing emergencies or
nursing staff needs.
- Is an active member of the Quality Assurance Committee. Attends
Quality Assurance and Medical Audit Committee meetings as
- Assists with the development of and maintains appropriate
staffing schedule to ensure adequate nursing coverage for all
shifts in accordance with contract terms of nursing coverage.
Responsible for making changes in time schedules, and granting
special requests for time off, if appropriate.
- Ensures the practice of nursing is consistent with current
standards, and is responsible for level of care provided to
offenders in compliance with INDC policies and procedures.
- Serves as representative for, and/or liaison between nursing
services, other health care providers, contract services such as
lab and physical therapy as well as Health Services Administrator,
and coordinates such patient care services with other
- Provides guidance to the nursing staff in patient care
problems; delegates responsibility within the scope of the
- Remains visible and is responsive to all medical
- Participates in Performance Management Process as
- Participates in community organizations as requested and
maintains good relationships with community organizations.
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all
- Is available for conferences on all shifts.
- Counsels nursing personnel in following established
- Ensures all communicable diseases are reported to the
local/state health authorities as appropriate or required.
- Reviews all discrepancies in sharps and tool counts,
investigates, reconciles and applies appropriate corrective action
- Reviews all mediation errors, investigates, reconciles and
applies appropriate corrective action if indicated.
- Oversees discharge planning and coordinates the continuity of
offender care with outside health care facilities.
- Responds to offender medical grievances as requested.
- Assists Health Services Administrator in ensuring that the
contract terms of nursing coverage are met.
- Coordinates special projects as requested by H.S.A. e.g., nurse
audits, development of nursing policies and procedures, etc.
- Maintains the confidentiality of offender records.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
Director, Director of Nursing or Regional Manager as appropriate.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the
facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air
Minimal travel required.
- Current Indiana RN license Certification
- Current CPR certification Education
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program Preferred experience
- Minimum two (2) years nursing experience
- Two (2) years administrative and/or correctional nursing
experience preferred. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health, Carmel , RN Supervisor - Pendleton Correctional Facility, Healthcare , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!