Company: Huse Culinary, Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2020
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability,
contact us at to ask for an accommodation or an alternative
application process. This posting is for a new Huse Culinary
concept, the 1933 Lounge, interviews for this position will begin
late September 2019 or early October 2019. Lead Host/Hostess
Essential Job Functions
- Complete all opening or closing duties.
- Manage reservations, table placement, and floor plans.
- Draft floor plans with assigned Servers.
- Provide private dining notes and special requests to
- Lead host staff entire shift.
- Welcome, all guests with a genuine and delightful smile.
Interact with guests as they arrive and leave the restaurant to
ensure a positive dining experience.
- Use the guest name whenever possible.
- Identify special occasions and extend wishes.
- Initiate genuine conversation while escorting guests to their
- Point out the location of restrooms.
- Take guest information, accurately quote wait time, and follow
- Answer phone, answer questions concerning the menu and
restaurant and assist with reservation requests. Fill to go orders
- Sell gift cards, bottled cocktail sauce, and seasoning.
- Observe tables and update the status on reservation
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of menus, pens, postcards,
business cards, to go bags, and mints.
- Assist with and maintain a clean and organized restaurant and
- Maintain restrooms throughout a shift.
- Wipe down front desk and menus.
- Follow opening and closing checklist.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the General
Manager and Restaurant Managers.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive
attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Lead Host/Hostess Job Requirements
- Minimum 1-year fine dining Hosting experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Open Table Guest Center experience preferred.
- Aloha experience preferred. Lead Host/Hostess Work
Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable
accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and restaurant
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and
lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure. Lead
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants
requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some
- Must maintain regular attendance. Lead Host/Hostess Uniform
- Black slip-resistant shoes
- Professional black attire.
- Clean, pressed black pants or skirt with a blazer.
- Clean, pressed knee-length black dress. Equal Employment
Opportunity Policy Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Lead
Host/Hostess Job Functions Disclaimer The above statement reflects
the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a
detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this
role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it
is determined that additional duties fall within the partners'
scope of responsibility.
Keywords: Huse Culinary, Inc., Carmel , Lead Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!