Sous Chef + $500 New Hire Bonus
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job SummaryThe Sous Chef will assist with the ordering of
materials and supplies, menu planning, inventory, implementing all
sanitation, cost and quality control programs and directing and
coordinating the work of others. A Sous Chef is expected to help
provide innovative ideas to stimulate the growth of the business,
while meeting or exceeding customer requirements and maximizing
company profits. They will also lead the kitchen in lieu of the
Executive Chef, Kitchen Manager or the Prepared Foods Team Leader
(depending on the location) and temporarily be responsible for the
kitchen. The Sous Chef will also assist in providing leadership in
the kitchen by training, directing and managing kitchen Team
- Experience Required: 1 to 3 years
- Experience Desired: Food Safety Awareness; Prior management
experience in the Culinary field; Extensive prior prep cook
experience. Must have excellent food prep skills and food product
knowledge.; Customer Service Experience
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Serv- safe certification a
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: Regional - Daily, Less than 10%
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not
limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that
customer service is a significant point of difference for our
Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external
customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity
and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service
in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members,
Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Inspect food and food preparation by both physical and visual
inspection to maintain quality and sanitation regulations.
- Assign, coordinate and evaluate work of kitchen Team Members by
writing schedules, preparation list, listing cooking times as well
as Team Member feedback evaluations so the product can meet or
exceed the customer's requirements and promote efficiency of
operations and maximize company profits.
- Maintain accurate department records by using HACCP charts,
cooling charts, cooking temperature sheets, holding temperatures
sheets, refrigeration temperatures charts and thermometer
- To ensure the documentation of activities are available to
ensure all federal, state and county as well as company
requirements are being met.
- Control departmental costs by monitoring waste and keeping
completed waste logs to increase company profitability and adhere
to departmental budget.
- Manage food and controllable inventories by taking actual
weekly and monthly inventories and tracking inventory reports.
- Review financial transactions and monitors departmental budgets
by keeping up to date purchase logs and labor estimates as well as
reviewing projections and profit and loss statements with the
- Inspect equipment requirements to ensure the company has the
needed equipment to ensure the presentation, transportation and
safe handling of all food production.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one
of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office
we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles
on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Carmel , Sous Chef + $500 New Hire Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!