Kitchen Lead (Full-Time) Carmel Bridges GetGo
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: December 9, 2018
About UsAt GetGo Cafe + Market, our mission is to be the fastest growing, most innovative, and best Cafe + Market in North America. We are driven by quality people, food and fuel providing an inviting place to get all the things our customers need right now! With you on our team, we can reach those goals every day.
Who We Are:
If you're looking to get on the fast-track to a delicious career, and are eager to share your friendly spirit with our customers, GetGo Cafe + Market could be the stop for you. GetGo Cafe + Market is a fresh food, unique convenience and high quality fuel destination and is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores.
Our GetGo Cafe + Market family is always searching for Team Members who like a swift pace served with a warm smile. Although we move quickly, we want to take the time to make certain we give you the solid support you deserve and set you up for an amazing career.Position SummaryThe GetGo Cafe + Market Kitchen Lead helps our store run like clockwork, because our customers' clocks are ticking. The Team Member in this role is on the fast-track to store leadership, and will coach, supervise, and lead the Kitchen team in collaboration with the Store Leader. From the morning rush to the afternoon lunch crowds, you will collaborate with your team to make sure they have the supplies, training and information that they need to ensure that each customer waiting for a fresh sandwich, picking up dinner or a late-night snack for their family, or simply waiting at the pump, is met with a smile and the great service they deserve.At work and at play, you are a leader at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to cultivate an amazing team and have the ability to inspire Team Members to give their best each day. You are a problem solver and a creative thinker, and love to lead the way for others to foster their own creativity. You know that your customers aren't just grabbing a cup of coffee; they are often starting and ending their days at your store. Providing a familiar face and a comfortable and clean spot for a delicious meal is your M.O. for making someone who is "just stopping by" into a regular customer. Every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you to exchange ideas and improve your business. Our leadership team is top of the line and ensures that each customer leaves with a smile and with everything they need to make the most of their day and be on their way.Job Responsibilities
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, customers, and products.
- Exceed customer and Team Member needs and expectations by providing safe, efficient, accurate and pleasant food service, and guidance and coaching to Team Members, and exemplary service to vendors and stakeholders
- Cultivate a fast, friendly culture by sharing warmth and passion for service with a smile with all Team Members and customers.
- Assist management in setting and reaching aggressive sales and profit goals by encouraging sampling and suggesting as much as possible, while also managing shrink.
- Monitor quality control in kitchen area and when ordering food and supplies. The best and freshest ingredients, presented in the most appealing way, are our best sellers!
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest operational standards:
Maintain maximum flexibility in scheduling by confirming that all Team Members are cross-trained on all positions. Make sure your restrooms are exceptionally clean and well-stocked at all times. Ensure all Team Members maintain proper food-handling certifications. Proactively monitor competitor fuel pricing and work with appropriate business partners to remain competitive. Rapidly correct any equipment issues
- Remember that the Kitchen team's success is the Kitchen Leader's success: ensure all Team Members have access to the right training and resources and set everyone up to achieve the best!
- Provide training and leadership to hourly Team Members in the store, and when assigned, to peer Leads as well.
- Supervise product merchandising and integrity by ensuring that all equipment consistently passes safety audits and that the appropriate Team Members on the schedule are certified in food safety.
- Set and promote sales and performance goals for your team and provide them with the tools to reach those goals.
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team, focusing on respect, setting an exemplary example, and remembering that the work we do is FUN! Recognition, team development and continuously raising the bar should be second nature in this role.
- Identify strengths and opportunities on your team and think strategically when making moves and scheduling. Remember, leaders develop future leaders and we're counting on you to identify Team Members who are poised to rise through the ranks. Our people are our most important asset!
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, keeping in mind that each Team Member has a voice.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department. Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent Experience Required
- 1 to 3 yearsAge Requirement
- At least 18 years of ageShift** Retail Shifts **Competencies Required
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & ImpactWork Environment
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot OvensPhysical requirements
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 poundsEquipment Used
- Adding Machine
- Fountain Machines
- Ice Coffee Machine
- Ice Machine
- Bag in box machine
- Lang Oven
- Make Line
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Panini Grill
- Shrink Wrap Machine
- Cap Machine
- Smoothie Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Conventional Oven
- Creamer Machine
- Fax Machine
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Carmel , Kitchen Lead (Full-Time) Carmel Bridges GetGo, Hospitality & Tourism , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!