Company: Shepherd Insurance
Posted on: November 16, 2021
We are looking for an experienced and talented addition to our
Human Resources team. Your primary duties would be payroll and
benefit administration. In addition you will be involved in all
other aspects of the Human Resources position, such as development
and administration of personnel programs and policies that are
consistent with the Agency's goals and management philosophy.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 430
- Maintain HRIS system
- Keep current on changes in personnel law and insure Agency
adheres to all Labor Laws.
- Conduct recruitment effort, selection, and placement of all
personnel; conduct interviews, new-employee orientations,
documentation, employee relations counseling, and employee exiting
- Provide information, advice, and assistance to managers to
insure staff is treated in a nondiscriminatory fashion at all
- Administration of all personnel policies and counsel personnel
- Coordinate annual employee performance and compensation review
- Responsible for consistency in job descriptions and
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and
procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and
instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures
- Assist employee with enrolling in medical, dental and vision
- Inform employees of changes to the benefits structure
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other
- Consult with employees about eligibility and other issues
- Assist with new hire orientation when needed
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant experience and/or
training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Education requirement: College degree in business or human
- Must possess knowledge of human resources area of expertise.
Requires individual to be impartial and non-judgmental in personnel
- Paylocity payroll system experience is desired
- Paylocity HRIS modules experience is desired
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software
applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and
presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually
requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at
all levels of the organization.
- Human Resources designation is plus.
Keywords: Shepherd Insurance, Carmel , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!