Human Resources Manager
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Edward Rose & Sons is a continuously growing, national
real-estate development and management company headquartered in
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan with additional offices in Indianapolis,
Flint and Kalamazoo, and communities in 17 states across the
country. Edward Rose & Sons have built over 80,000 single-family
homes, and apartments since 1921 and are still actively engaged in
residential construction today.We are currently looking for an
experienced HR Manager to join our team with the primary office
location in Indianapolis. The HR Manager is responsible for the
oversight of HR operations to assure adherence to internal and
external requirements, including: Employee Relations, HR Workflows,
Employee Onboarding, Handbook and Policy management, and Regulatory
Requirements. This position is also responsible for providing
guidance for the administration of Unemployment, Workers
Compensation, FMLA, ADA, benefits administration, and COVID-19
processes, along with coordinating and filing required reporting on
a timely basis.Additional responsibilities include:
- Partners with the CHRO and leadership team to understand and
execute the organization's people strategy.
- Provides support and guidance to teammates and management, when
complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues
- Administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances
such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating
allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Evaluate and support employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Work with hiring managers and talent team to support attraction
of top talent.
- Manage employee files according to company policy and
- Train and oversee the Benefits Administrator in FMLA/LOA
administrationDesired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or HRCI highly desired.
- Previous experience in property management is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are
required for success in this position.
- Must have cognitive reasoning abilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving
record and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Experience with HRIS platforms preferred.A valid driver's
license and reliable transportation will be required as this
position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a
company vehicle.We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401K with company
- Generous paid time off program
- Competitive compensation package
- Apartment home discount
- Opportunities for advancement within the company We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in
our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our
employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital
status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Carmel , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!