Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Trainer
Company: Hopebridge, LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2019
The primary responsibility of the ABA Trainer is to provide effective training to new ABA therapists and RBTs in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). The Trainer will ensure new hires are effectively trained in a timely manner, leading to RBT credentialing. The Trainer will also ensure ongoing training and support for all RBTs through observation, identification, and retraining of skills deficits. The Trainer will work cohesively and collaboratively with the Clinical Leadership team to provide support for all RBTs within the clinic.Responsibilities
- Ensures ABA therapists complete new hire training, including RBT training requirements, in a timely manner.
- Tracks new hire training performance of staff members, provides specific feedback to trainees, and reports to the Clinic Manager and BCBA, providing regular updates, metrics, results and escalated items to appropriate managers. Follows up with Clinic Manager and BCBA on trainee status within the first 15, 30, 60 and 90 days of hire.
- Documents observations of performance in the clinic during training and provides input to ABA Clinical Leadership Team and Human Resources for developing and updating New Hire and career development training content, materials, job aids, and procedures.
- Provides ongoing training to RBTs to continually improve the skill set of all RBTs within the clinic.
- Provides coaching, modeling, and demonstration of specific strategies and/or activities as observed and/or tasked by the Clinical Leadership team to identified ABA Therapists and RBTs.
- Models skills through ongoing trainings, regularly articulating the connection between the demonstration and specific BACB content.
- Provides recommendations for staff development needs to BCBA and Clinic Manager to review and discuss with employees based on observations, competency tools, and Hopebridges guidelines.
- First point of contact for physical management assistance needed to support RBTs and patients.
- Ensures accuracy and timely filing of incident reports.
- Stays current in research and training regarding implementation of ABA principles.
- Illustrates Hopebridges belief in the delivery of high quality therapeutic services through both the articulation and the demonstration of operational aspects of training.
- Develops positive working relationships with all employees and departments, maintaining collaborative professional relationships at Hopebridge.
- Models exemplary employee performance through own performance, professionalism, and appropriate communication outlined within Hopebridges employee handbook.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other meetings as requested
- Attains and achieves position competencies in relation to role responsibilities.
- May be requested to assist with 1:1 therapy as needed within the clinic.
- Completes additional job duties as assigned by Manager, or requested by BCBAsCompetencies
- Business Acumen.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Relationship Management.
- RBT credential required
- College coursework in the field of behavior analysis, psychology, education, early childhood, or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated behavior analytic skills
- Demonstrated ability to train others in behavior analytic skills. Prior training, presenting and facilitation experience which includes presenting to large groups preferred.
- Two or more years of related professional experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and/or other related developmental disabilities
- Minimum 6 months employment with Hopebridge in good standing
- Knowledgeable of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) methodologies and curriculum found to benefit children diagnosed with ASD, including but not limited to Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP), Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS), Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT), prompting and prompt fading strategies, error correction procedures, differential reinforcement, and Pivotal Response Training (PRT).
- Knowledgeable about training techniques, delivering trainings, and training development
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion pertaining to the work environment and maintain all HIPAA requirements
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently.
- Highly detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Able to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to appropriately interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations
- Knowledgeable of computer systems and software used at Hopebridge, including but not limited to Office 365, HB Charts, Rethink, and Catalyst
- Ability to learn new technologies and software as needed
- Ability to work in an exciting, fast paced high energy environment while effectively multi-tasking
- Personable and able to work comfortably with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Committed to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Able to obtain and maintain physical management certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Ability to obtain or provide TB screening
- Must attend any required trainings with Hopebridge
- Frequent speaking and listening (25-75%) to staff and others in the workplace.
- Visual and auditory ability to work with staff and others in the workplace continuously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the workplace, read and write using the primary language within the workplace.Physical DemandsThis is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.Work EnvironmentWork is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times due to a busy office. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.DisclaimerThe above statements reflect general functions of this job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements inherent in this job. The immediate supervisor may elaborate on or add to the above list if the duties come within the employees realm of responsibility.Hopebridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. PI106790235
Keywords: Hopebridge, LLC, Carmel , Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Trainer, Human Resources , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!