Field Service Technician (Digital Service Specialist)
Company: Canon USA
Posted on: April 28, 2021
Location: US-IN-CarmelRequisition ID: 24414Category: Field
ServicePosition Type: Full-TimeOverview
The Field Service Technician services and maintains Canon Solutions
America supported, multi-functional equipment in accordance with
Service and Parts Standards to achieve efficiency and a high level
of customer satisfaction. Diagnoses mechanical and system issues
using established procedures and performs basic customer network
installs. Unresolved problems will be escalated in accordance with
- Diagnoses mechanical and system issues, using established
procedures for products on which you are certified.
- Services and repairs designated equipment, as assigned, to Canon
standards and specifications and are successful on those repairs
with support as required.
- Reports to manager product failure trends and serviceability
issues with necessary supported documentation ensuring accurate
information and record keeping.
- Meets customer demands by providing efficient, responsive and
accurate Field/Shop/onsite repairs.
- Properly maintains all technical information, FSR's, Expense
Reports and Canon property assigned.
- Communicates with supervisors and other departments, if
necessary, regarding the solution of escalated technical and/or
customer service related problem areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the performance of machines to which
you are assigned as the primary engineer.
- Responsible for maintaining performance at a level which help to
achieve the districts overall metric targets.
- Typically requires general education and/or vocational training
but little to no experience.
- Associates degree in electronics or electrical engineering
capacity from an accredited college or technical school or
- Possesses a basic understanding of internet environments.
Successful completion of the 120 day introductory period and
completion of the PDIF new hire class.
- Possesses good customer communication and satisfaction
- Will require local travel (valid driver's license and acceptable
driving record necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and be in a mobile activity more than
50% of the time (walking, standing, stooping/kneeling).
*New technicians participate in Canon's 7 week comprehensive
training program known as Printing & Digital Imaging Foundations
(PDIF), learning the fundamentals of the electrical and mechanical
systems that are integral to the office automation process, in
addition to learning troubleshooting and customer service skills.
On-going training and technical certification are conducted on a
regular basis throughout your career as a technician.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America provides industry
leading enterprise, production, and large format printing
solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings.
With the technology offerings of the Canon and Oc-- brands, Canon
Solutions America helps companies of all sizes find ways to:
improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in
conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and
traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly
owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is
headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations
across the U.S.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package
including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit
sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition
programs, vacation, and much more.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site
csa.canon.com/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this
posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at
#LI-KG1 #CSACB #PM20
Keywords: Canon USA, Carmel , Field Service Technician (Digital Service Specialist), IT / Software / Systems , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!