Principal Solution Architect
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Release Train Architect provides technical leadership
and guidance to a value-oriented release train comprised of
teams. As a part of the Release Train Leadership Team, the Release
Architect works with engineering, product, and business leaders to
promote the release trains current architectural direction and
Key responsibilities include insuring technical alignment,
architectural health and vision across the release trains agile
The Architecture Team accomplishes our goals by:
- Defining and socializing future state vision
- Understanding technical and business
- Understanding and communicating broader
- Promoting leading practices to drive architectural
health and high quality
- Defining, assessing, and communicating technical
debt and risk
- Guiding architectural decisions
- Analyzing design and technology alternatives
with respect to business benefits
- Applying emerging technology to business
- Promoting a culture of mentoring, collaboration
Successful Release Train Architects will be able to
communicate effectively on both technical and business fronts.
technology assumptions and quantifying value, effort, risk and
feasibility in terms of time and money is a critical skill for this
Release Train Architects must understand the technology landscape
domain and be able to collaborate with their peers to promote
patterns and reusability to enable the development of best in class
Architecture has an important role in our business. We strive to
sustainable, continuous, accelerating flow of exceptional solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrating a strong ability to collaborate with others.
Working in concert with engineering, product and business leaders.
Resolve design pattern conflicts between teams when necessary to
ensure architectural alignment
- Forming educated opinions about the evolution of our
architecture practice. Illustrate and evangelize the technical and
product vision through creating architectural artifacts such as
roadmaps, diagrams, leading practices documents, maturity models
and technical analysis presentations.
- Work with architecture and engineering team members to author
guiding principles to better inform teams' design decisions.
- Understand technical risks and technical debt. Working
transparently to bring visibility to these items is critical, as is
developing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Continuous learning: staying current with technology that is
relevant to our problem/solution space.
- Evaluating current and future worksteams for opportunities to
leverage preferred technology patterns and solutions (such as
Amazon Web Services) in reusable patterns. Release Train Architects
should always be thinking about new ways to employ AWS to create
scalable,, cost effective and inventive solutions.
- Share what our teams are learning and doing! Cox Automotive
wins when we leverage our collective learnings and we're
intentional about sharing great work.
- 10+ years of experience in full development life cycle and
significant experience in delivering applications and architecture
services in a productions environment..
- Prior experience in the implementation of design and
architecture processes in an Enterprise Agile Environment.
- Prior experience in IT architecture or team development lead
roles in large-scale, complex IT environments.
- 2+ years leadership experience.
- Extensive experience working in automation first environments
promotions Continuous Integrating/Continuous Delivery and
infrastructure as code is a definite plus.
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of
consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and
cloud computing platforms is strongly desired.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and architectural patterns is
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of
Information Systems, or related field OR equivalent work
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier
for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global
companys 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including
Autotrader--, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com--, Dealertrack--,
Kelley Blue Book--, Manheim--, NextGear Capital--, VinSolutions--,
vAuto-- and Xtime--, are passionate about helping millions of car
shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five
continents and many others throughout the automotive industry
thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of
Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with
revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Carmel , Principal Solution Architect, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!