Release Train Data Architect
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: September 8, 2020
We know you ve got choices as an experienced Architect, so why work
for Cox Automotive? Besides being a privately held company that s
been in business over 100 years, Cox Automotive is a respected
The Release Train Data Architect provides technical leadership and
guidance to a value-oriented release train comprised of multiple
delivery teams. As a part of the Release Train Leadership Team, the
Release Train Architect works with engineering, product, and
business leaders to create and promote the release train s current
architectural direction and future vision.
Key responsibilities include insuring technical alignment,
architectural health and vision across the release train s agile
delivery teams. The Architecture Team accomplishes our goals
- Defining and socializing future state vision
- Understanding technical and business dependencies
- Understanding and communicating broader architectural context
- Promoting leading practices to drive architectural health and
- Defining, assessing, and communicating technical debt and
- Guiding architectural decisions
- Analyzing design and technology alternatives with respect to
- Applying emerging technology to business opportunities
- Promoting a culture of mentoring, collaboration and sharing
Successful Release Train Architects will be able to communicate
effectively on both technical and business fronts. Validating
technology assumptions and quantifying value, effort, risk and
technical feasibility in terms of time and money is a critical
skill for this role. Release Train Architects must understand the
technology landscape of their domain and be able to collaborate
with their peers to promote standards, patterns and re-usability to
enable the development of best in class solutions. Architecture has
an important role in our business. We strive to enable a
sustainable, continuous, accelerating flow of exceptional solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrating a strong ability to collaborate with others.
Working in concert with engineering, product and business leaders.
Resolve design pattern conflicts between teams when necessary to
insure architectural alignment
- Forming educated opinions about the evolution of our architecture
practice. Illustrate and evangelize the technical and product
vision through creating architectural artifacts such as roadmaps,
diagrams, leading practices documents, maturity models and
technical analysis presentations.
- Work with architecture and engineering team members to author
guiding principles to better inform teams' design decisions.
- Understand technical risks and technical debt. Working
transparently to bring visibility to these items is critical, as is
developing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Continuous learning: staying current with technology that is
relevant to our problem/solution space.
- Evaluating current and future worksteams for opportunities to
leverage preferred technology patterns and solutions (such as
Amazon Web Services) in reusable patterns. Release Train Architects
should always be thinking about new ways to employ AWS to create
scalable, cost effective and inventive solutions.
- Share what our teams are learning and doing! Cox Automotive wins
when we leverage our collective learnings and we're intentional
about sharing great work.Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in full development life cycle and
significant experience in delivering applications and architecture
services in a production environment.
- 2+ years leadership experience
- 2+ years experience leading data integration initiatives with
partners and providers.
- 2+ years experience of Data Lake implementation.
- 3+ years experience working with AWS and/or Azure data related
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the
industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design,
BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Experience developing software code in one or more programming
- Hands on experience leading enterprise data warehousing and
- Prior experience in the implementation of design and architecture
processes in an Enterprise Agile Environment.
- Prior experience in IT architecture or team development lead
roles in large-scale, complex IT environments.
- Extensive experience working in automation first environments
promotions Continuous Integrating/Continuous Delivery and
infrastructure as code is a definite plus.
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of
consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and
cloud computing platforms is strongly desired.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem and architectural patterns is
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management of Information
Systems, or related field OR equivalent work experience.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We ve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions Cox Communications and Cox Automotive are driving a new
wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband
communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We
re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to
rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We re looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you ll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes..
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Carmel , Release Train Data Architect, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!