Regional Credit Officer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WHAT YOU'LL DO The Regional Credit Officer (RCO) will have the
primary responsibility for managing Busey's Commercial Approval and
Underwriting Processes for the region they support. WHAT YOU'LL
BRING The Regional Credit Officer is a pivotal Credit position for
Busey to develop sound new borrower relationships, monitor the
portfolios and associated risk, as well as assure systems are kept
current and accurately reflect portfolio risk. This will be
accomplished through the following:
- Counseling and Consulting - The RCO will assist with the
analysis and structuring of requests to best align risk with the
banks policies and risk tolerances.
- Communication - The RCO will communicate regularly and
establish good working relationships with the RM's and other team
leads they support. This will include regularly scheduled
attendance at team meetings and visits to remote offices to
facilitate open dialog, strong relationships, early inclusion in
the credit process and client calling efforts.
- New Loan and Renewal Production - Facilitate timely and
succinct credit analysis and loan structure with deference to
policy for new requests and renewals of existing relationships
including timely credit decisions.
- Pipeline - Working with the pipeline, the RM's, Underwriters,
and Credit Analysts, an RCO will gain early entry into the credit
process so as to best counsel and influence new credit requests in
line with the organization's risk tolerance and policy.
- Proper Loan Grading - Regulatory grades and PD/LGDs all need to
accurately reflect the current performance of the borrower and
therefore risk to the organization.
- Field Exam Review, audits, loan reviews and exams, ALSR review
and approval, non-accrual and charge off forms, TDR review
- Managing a team of Commercial Underwriters to include: hiring,
training, mentoring of Underwriters and Analysts, and
- Working closely with the Commercial line of business manager,
manage the work flows necessary to maintain the timeliness of the
underwriting needed for both existing and new relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation,
and critical thinking skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function,
including expert knowledge in Busey's Commercial/Credit line of
business Ability to:
- Provide accurate and timely Commercial Analysis and
- Take independent action within established options and develops
new procedures and approaches to problems when necessary
- Analyze situations and solve problems
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time pressures
EDUCATION & TRAINING Requires Bachelor's degree with a
concentration in Business or Finance. Requires 7 or more years of
Commercial Credit experience with prior single signature approval
authority. Requires 5 or more years' experience in a progressive
management/leadership role. Requires proficient knowledge of
Microsoft Office. Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek
to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a
diverse candidate pool. Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority
for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic
information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status,
military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability,
order of protection or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law or other non-merit based factors.
Keywords: Busey, Carmel , Regional Credit Officer, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!