QMA Qualified Medication Aide Part Time
Company: Bridgewater Healthcare Center
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Bridgewater Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare
Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Part Time
Qualified Medication Aides (QMA) to join our team.The position of
the Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) exists to provide routine
medication administration and personal care for residents to assure
that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at
all times.Part Time Day Shift Positions Available.Earn up to $25
per hour, based on experience and shift worked.WHAT WE OFFERNow
Offering Daily Pay! Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!Comprehensive
Benefits package for Full Time!Daily Pay * Tuition Reimbursement *
Great health plans * Uniforms * Company paid life insurance & much,
much moreDo you have what it takes to become a QMA at
CommuniCare?QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or be
eligible to enter such a program and graduate and pass a state test
within 120 days from date of employment.
- An understanding of medication administration procedures and
successful completion of a state approved training course.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- An understanding of resident care procedures and
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Prior experience in a healthcare environment is desirable.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies, and the general
- Ability and willingness to work harmoniously with all
- Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm, as well as the
willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Willingness and ability to seek new methods and principles and
be willingness to incorporate them into existing nursing
- Ability to relate information concerning a resident's
condition.JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and administer medication in accordance with physician's
orders and state/federal regulations.
- Display knowledge of side effects, interactions, and nursing
implications of common medications.
- Account for controlled drugs each shift and report any
- Charting -routine medications, medication omissions,
documentation of PRN medication given with follow up, and any other
- Maintain inventory of medications.
- Rounds with nurse and physician.
- Prepare monthly medication records.
- Provide personal care and treatment function for
- Perform basic nursing care functions as required.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents
and ensure that their needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation records for activities of daily
living, restorative programs, and resident specific forms.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational,
classes, and orientation programs to maintain certification and
enhance the quality of care.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and
corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement
and safety programs, and environmental and infection control
standards.About UsA family-owned company, we have grown to become
one of the nation's largest providers of post-acute care, which
includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care
centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation
centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we
have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the
development and management of adult living communities. We have a
single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our
hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we
create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and
family members care for and about one another.
Keywords: Bridgewater Healthcare Center, Carmel , QMA Qualified Medication Aide Part Time, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!