Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Heartland Food Products Group
Posted on: November 20, 2022
The Accounts Payable Specialist performs accounting and clerical
tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of
accounts payable transactions.
* Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior
* Answers vendor inquiries.
* Maintains accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate
accounts payable files.
* Assists in monthly closings.
* Match and code invoices for payment and process accounts payable
to insure timely payment of invoices and reimbursements. This
includes following all internal control processes for invoices such
as obtaining approval on all payables, allocating costs, preparing
invoices, and reconciling vendor statements monthly.
* Research and resolve accounts payable issues with customers and
* Prepares and provides supporting documentation as needed.
* Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
* Performs filing and copying.
* Participate in development and implementation of internal control
processes, accounting policies and procedures, risk management
assessments, system improvements, enhanced use of technology, team
building and department cooperation, cross training and integration
of finance department functions, special projects and perform other
analysis as required.
* Assist with annual audits.
* Ensure terms are correct. Validation is required by procurement
or supplier if invoice terms do not match terms in Syspro.
* Assist procurement with the credit/debit memo log. Match credits
to VRG form (vendor return goods) log credit and credit memo
* Work with Plant Controller and finance team to reconcile CapEx
* Identify invoices that may contain fraudulent charges.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associates degree; or equivalent from a two-year college or
technical school; or two years or more related experience and/or
* Thoughtful and analytical approach to planning, problem solving,
and decision making. Detail oriented and with "big picture"
* High level of initiative and ability to work independently with
* Good oral and written communication skills required.
* PC proficiency and demonstrated ability to work with computerized
* Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, and other Microsoft
* Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and interact
with computers, telephone and other electronic media
* Must possess visual acuity to document company records
* Must be able to work extended hours, such as daily overtime and
an occasional weekend
Keywords: Heartland Food Products Group, Carmel , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!