Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Merchants Bank of Indiana
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We have five entities at Merchants Bancorp and our new Senior
Internal Auditor will perform procedures for all five, including
assisting in the planning of the individual audit areas, acting as
lead on audit areas, reviewing internal audit work prepared by
others, assisting in the training of the internal audit team,
maintaining adequate documentation of work performed, and
communicate audit testing results to the appropriate personnel. We
are still maturing our processes within this area, so we are
looking for someone who likes the challenge of building out new
processes and procedures. If this sounds like the challenge you
need in your career, then Apply TODAY!In one year as our Senior
Internal Auditor, you will know you were successful if you---
- Perform and/or review financial and operational audits in
accordance with the internal audit program.
- Complete the planning of the audit engagements.
- Review Bancorp's practices and records for compliance with
established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls,
operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and
- Report audit findings and recommendations to the appropriate
management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits,
non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be
addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial or operational findings
noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or
brought to the auditor's attention.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals,
objectives, and responsibilities of the Internal Audit
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the
industry's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques,
and performance standardsWhat we are looking for---
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting or Finance with
a minimum of 3-5 years experience in related auditing positions
- Experience in banking or a financial services industry
background is preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office with the ability to
manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed as
well as maintaining confidentiality required.
- Must be able to travel to branches and/or the corporate office
- CPA or other designation preferredRanked as the top-performing
U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants
Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in
Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including
multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and
servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent
residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional
community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through
its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana,
Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and
Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of
Indiana.Merchants understand the positive impact of making
employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by
the Indiana Chamber of Commerce's Best Places to Work Program. This
is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a
Best Places to Work organization.PM20
Keywords: Merchants Bank of Indiana, Carmel , Senior Internal Auditor, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!