Mortgage Loan Originator - Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Company: Merchants Bank of Indiana
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Our Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) are here to help grow and
develop new residential mortgage businesses by assisting customers
to meet their home lending goals through our products and programs,
along with analyzing credit creditworthiness of applicants and
negotiating terms, and collateral requirements. You will also work
on developing and nurturing relationships with referral sources
(real-estate agents, financial planners, community groups,
builders, attorneys, etc.) and working with bank staff to promote
and cross-sell our bank products and services.After one year as our
Mortgage Loan Originator, you know you were successful if
- Develop new business by utilizing referrals through centers of
influence to contact prospective customers and promote and
cross-sell bank products and services.
- Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with
realtors, builders, current customers, and banking center staff to
generate residential mortgage applications.
- Interview prospective loan applicants to collect and analyze
financial data to determine the merits of the specific loan
- Establish credit terms including costs, repayment methods,
schedule, and collateral requirements.
- Communicate and advise customers concerning financial matters
to determine products that best meet their needs.
- Participate in community and networking events to generate new
business opportunities and enhance the bank's visibility.
- Serve as the liaison for non-borrowing accounts and loan
customers for other bank services.What we are looking for---
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred with a minimum of two years of
mortgage lending experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of residential mortgage
process, underwriting criteria, and guidelines.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration through the
Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Someone who knows they must get out into their communities and
connect with our customers. We do not sit in a branch and wait for
walk-in mortgage customers here.What sets Merchants Mortgage
- We have the full support of our executive leadership team. We
are not a bank that sells mortgages, we are a mortgage
- We are small enough to provide personal service, but large
enough to provide a full menu of products.
- Our entire team is readily available (onsite) to discuss
questions or resolutions to issues that might arise.
- Stability - we think long-term, and we are looking for Mortgage
professionals who think long-term too!Ranked as the top-performing
U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants
Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in
Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including
multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and
servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail, and correspondent
residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional
community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through
its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana,
Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and
Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.PM20
Keywords: Merchants Bank of Indiana, Carmel , Mortgage Loan Originator - Bilingual (English-Spanish), Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!