Product Refund Liability Supervisor
Company: Allied Solutions
Posted on: September 13, 2019
A Product Refund Supervisor will supervise activities of a team of
refund specialist and refund analysts (5-7 individuals) within the
department and provides overall guidance and direction for the
timely, accurate processing of ancillary product refunds associated
with automobile loans. It will also be the responsibility of this
Supervisor to oversee the processing and timely adjudication of
accompanying claims for consumer and lender benefit associated with
the status of the loan transaction including Total Loss and
Repossession. This individual will be responsible for the overall
technical direction, outcome and production of the refund and claim
related activities of the team. Coordinates the work activities
within the unit. Responsible for day-to-day work, production,
customer service, client relations, financial outcomes, compliance
and regulatory monitoring of the activities and the personnel
development of the team. Ensures the day to day operations of the
team meets all acceptable standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the accurate, thorough and timely adjudication of
refunds and parallel claims for benefits and the related activities
of the team of refund specialists and refund analysts. The pending
refunds and claims is approximately 200-400 per team member for a
5-7 member team handling workloads of 1,000 to 2,800 transactions a
- Advises refund specialists and refund analysts on strategies to
resolve issues as necessary after reviewing case files. Responsible
for pending case files of up to 3,000 monthly.
- Responsible for an average refund of $1,000 per transaction
meaning monthly responsibilities to manage a minimum refund amount
of nearly $1,000,000-$2,000,000 or more in monthly benefit per
- Responsible for the overall process related to refund and claim
adjudication activities including tools and resources needed to
ensure the accurate and thorough process of refund and claim
adjudication work items for their respective teams.
- Ensures the accuracy of closed refunds and claims to a standard
of 95% based on QA audits.
- Ensures 100% compliance with acknowledgement by dealers of all
- Responsible to train, develop, and mentor staff specialist or
- Manage staff performance; implement strategies, and plans to
address staff development; identify and address training needs on
an ongoing basis; provide frequent performance feedback.
- Provide enhanced technical leadership focus to strengthen the
product/technical development of the staff.
- Reviews event files and make recommendations for further
- Responsible for implementing projects and processes that
improve the overall function of the department in support of the
key plan items for the company.
- Ensures the timely, accurate and thorough training of new
refund and claim associates, specialists or analysts.
- May be responsible for the remote management of team members or
- Must be able to rely on experience to accomplish departmental,
divisional and corporate goals.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures under the
direction of higher level management.
- Assist Product Refund Manager as necessary.
- Other duties as outlined.
- College education preferred but not required
- 3-5 years of refund, auto lending and/or insurance processing
- Strong proven technical competency in the auto lending refund
and claim arena required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing, underwriting and
account management processes
- Current on jurisdictional laws and regulations related to
ancillary auto lending products
- Strong technical claim skills and the ability to understand and
execute the refund and claim handling process and procedures that
meet regulatory compliance requirements and optimize effective and
- Interpersonal and management skills with the ability to develop
associate level employees and establish a culture that delivers
results to the organization.
- Ability to provide support to management as they focus on
resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all obligations
while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the business
understand drivers, trends and product stress points.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues,
business partners, customers, agents, regulatory agencies and
others to achieve organizational goals and create better
- Represent the Company, ensuring strong business relations,
issues and complaints resolution, and the acquisition and retention
of profitable business.
- Strong customer services focus both internally and
- Ability to effectively and professionally present information
in one-on-one and small group situations to internal
- Ability to provide support to other departments within the
organization including; Retail Product, Product Development, Sales,
Lender Servicing and Underwriting.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and/or issues;
- Ability to provide action oriented solutions to address
Keywords: Allied Solutions, Carmel , Product Refund Liability Supervisor, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!