Company: Seven Corners
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Job Title: Underwriter
What you would do here:
As an integral member of the Seven Corners Underwriting team, the
ideal candidate will possess natural analytical skills and sound
judgement to assist in the achievement of corporate goals relating
to growth, profit, and retention. As our Underwriter, the ideal
candidate will use established underwriting criteria and rating
methodologies to analyze risk and financial data to appropriately
price new and renewal insurance policies.
What you already know and have done:
- Determined risk acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and
conditions within defined limits of authority and underwriting
- Prepared routine statistical reports for company management and
our insurance company partners.
- Prepared quotations and renewals, and track them throughout the
- Maintained document templates and create generic customer
fulfillment materials from the templates.
- Communicated with applicants, agents and internal Sales staff,
and answering routine questions to move cases towards
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure successful
implementation of underwriting decisions.
- Maintained department files, tracking systems and internal
Ideally you have:
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management, Actuarial Science,
Statistics, or relevant accident and health underwriting
- Ability to use sound judgement to organize and manage multiple
priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with a superior aptitude in math and
sound problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion through handling confidential
information and navigating ambiguity.
- Proficient technical skills and computer skills, including MS
- Must be a team player with the ability to work closely in all
aspects of the Underwriting Department.
We were founded in 1993 on the simple belief that we can save the
world from our competition by solving the insurance industrys most
challenging problems with innovative solutions and extraordinary
service. We have proven it.
As one of the leading international travel insurance and specialty
benefit management companies in the world, we service over 800,000
customers each year including international travelers, US
government agencies, corporations, foreign governments and
With a diverse and growing global workforce of the best and
brightest talent, Seven Corners is a fast paced, innovative company
with no plans to slow down soon.
Our values drive each decision we make and each action we take.
They are our guide for how we treat each other and our customers.
These beliefs are the heart of the company culture and define what
it means to work at Seven Corners.
Our culture is what makes us us it is the unique vibe you feel when
you walk through our doors, the passion we bring to creating
innovative solutions and the extra mile we go to put our customers
first. It is a way of feeling and behaving toward each other and
our customers. It is the values we hold to be true. It is in every
decision we make and every action we take.
Customers come first
We do the right thing
We own the solution
We are precise
Seven Corners hires for culture fit over technical skills and
experience. If you have the aptitude and attitude, we can help you
grow your career through training, mentoring, increasing
responsibility, and being around other rock star employees.
Learn more at https://www.sevencorners.com/corp/careers
Seven Corners, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Seven Corners, Carmel , Underwriter, Other , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!