Maintenance Tech I
Company: Personnel Management Senior Living, LLC
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Rose Senior Living - Carmel seeks a full-time (Day shift)
Maintenance Technician I to join its team. Rose Senior Living -
Carmel is developed and owned by Edward Rose & Sons, known for
creating amenity-rich communities where people can appreciate
comfortable and affordable living in beautiful settings. Partnering
with Edward Rose & Sons is Ecumen, a not-for-profit organization
that has grown to be one of the most innovative leaders in senior
housing and services, empowering individuals to live richer and
fuller lives. The Carmel, Indiana, location will consist of 159
units: 69 independent living rental apartment homes, 60 assisted
living rental apartment homes and 30 residences for seniors
requiring memory care services. The Maintenance Technician I is
responsible for basic maintenance tasks in addition to janitorial
duties. This position may also include lawn mowing, snow removal
and minor vehicle maintenance. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses, repairs, and services building mechanical needs
including minor plumbing (faucets, etc.), electrical (replace
lamps, etc.), and mechanical (furnace, air conditioning,
- Responsible for janitorial duties such as carpet extraction,
specialty cleaning tasks, and hard floor care. These are skills
greater than routine housekeeping tasks.
- Performs minor carpentry and drywall/painting tasks.
- Operates building equipment including air handling equipment
(including filter/belt replacement) and emergency power generators
(including minor engine maintenance).
- Responsible for reporting and recording equipment data in
preventive maintenance software.
- Basic grounds maintenance including cutting grass and snow
- Minor vehicle maintenance including oil change.
- Additional duties as assigned. Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some previous janitorial/maintenance experience.
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to obtain a boiler
operator license as mandated by state/city.
- Current valid driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and
procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Globally
Harmonized System (GHS), Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA,
Resident's Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right
to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and
regulations Preferred Qualifications:
- Some post-secondary education in related field.
- Previous experience working with seniors as well as 1-2 years
- Licensure/Certification: May be required to hold a boiler
operator's license as mandated by state/city. This job description
is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform
other reasonable related duties as assigned by the supervisor or
other management personnel. We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home (Edward Rose & Sons) We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our
workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our
employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital
status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Personnel Management Senior Living, LLC, Carmel , Maintenance Tech I, Professions , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!