Maintenance Generalist - 3rd shift - Full-Time-Alexandria, KY 41001
Company: Tyson Foods
Posted on: September 19, 2023
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us
at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world's expectations for
how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe
environment for our team members. We offer growth opportunities and
room for advancement. This facility produces hot dogs, cocktails,
and sliced meats.
Maintenance technicians are responsible for troubleshooting,
maintaining, and repairing all equipment and company assets while
maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies
- This position requires the ability to work with programmable
logic controllers (PLCs), read blueprints, ladder logic,
electrical, and hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot
machines and improve systems and processes.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all preventative and
corrective maintenance on plant equipment and plant support
equipment including but not limited to Scales, Dumpers, Mixers,
Cookers, Chillers, Slicers, Packaging Machines, Conveyors,
Palletizers, and Pallet Wrappers.
- Repair, modification and improvement of facility and production
equipment with proper and precision techniques.
- Must have comprehension and troubleshooting skills relating to
computer/PLC controlled equipment, motor control systems, servo
motors, pumping systems, 3 phase industrial electrical systems and
mechanical systems and mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting
skills relating to gear reducers, chain/belt drives, electrical,
hydraulics, pneumatics, ladder logic, conveyors, heat exchangers,
pumps, piping systems and vacuum pumps.
- Must be able to complete mathematical calculations.
- Provide corrective actions to all levels of equipment/system
failures utilizing root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to fabricate and weld various types of metals is a
- Utilize the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
to assist in the development and the execution and follow-up on
- Safely perform work, including adherence to Tyson Foods
policies such as lock-out tag-out (LOTO), Arc-Flash, hot work
permit and confined space entry.
- Works closely with Maintenance Supervisors and Planners to
develop opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Work cooperatively in a maintenance culture that is focused on
continuous improvement (Lean), positive morale and exceptional
levels of customer service.
- Must have the ability to work in a successful team-based
environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work off shifts, weekend, and or holidays as
- Should have basic understanding of OSHA regulations.
- Must be willing to withstand wet, humid, cold, and hot
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated area with ambient
temperature of 40 degrees.
- Must be willing to lift and move up to 40 lbs. as well as walk
or stand on hard floor for 8-12 hour days.
- 2 years of industrial maintenance experience is required and/or
industrial maintenance education combined.
Candidates who have previously worked for Tyson will have a minimum
rehire waiting period of 180 days and are limited to 3 times of
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
3RD SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off;
401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and
prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: Tyson Foods, Carmel , Maintenance Generalist - 3rd shift - Full-Time-Alexandria, KY 41001, Professions , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!