Information Technology Automated Quality Analyst
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Information Technology Automated Quality AnalystThis position is responsible developing and implementing automation testing for Americas IT organization. The position is also responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining, and evaluation of automation test scripts.
- Creating, maintenance and evaluation of software automation test scripts
- Effective communication with development team on testing results and recommendations
- Gathering and validating application functional/performance/load requirements
- Creation and maintenance of test plans and test cases
- Management of defects within a corporate defect tracking system
- Input into process improvements regarding best practices regarding test automation
- Creation of test reports
- Maintenance of all test documentationSummary:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Graphics Technology/Human Centered Design and Development
- 1-2+ years of experience developing automated tests
- 1-2+ years of experience with object oriented programming languages such as TypeScriptRequired Skills and Competencies
- Experience both creating and maintaining software automation test scripts.
- Have a working knowledge of software engineering concepts such as software development standards, quality assurance standards, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), interpretation of product requirements, test plan and test case development, testing of software functionality, product installation, performance, load, and usability testing.
- Coordination and prioritization of test development activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also critical for the selected candidate.
- Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot independently both software and operating system level installation and configuration issues.
- Have a passion for technology and willingness to explore and adopt emerging technologies for practical business purposes
- Bring an upbeat, positive attitude while enjoying working with an agile team to develop innovative technical solutions to help enable business growth and improve customer satisfaction
- Be apt at quickly understanding new business domains and be creative and thoughtful about applying technology to improve processes and issues
- Software development experience with 2-3 object oriented programming languages
- Experience with quality assurance practices and testing methodologies
- Experience with test plan and test case development and execution
- Experience with developing, executing, and maintaining automated test scripts
- Have the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, with various team members in roles that are both technical and non-technical
- Be self-motivated with good time management skills
- Be willing to coordinating efforts with employees at all levels including internal business partners, other technology teams, external suppliers/consultants, service providers, etc.
- Work well in teams that may be globally co-located
- Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
- Be self-motivated to stay current with external tools, technologies and processes in information technology
- Be a strong team-player delivering on your own responsibilities while being respectful of other team members
- Limited travel is requiredPreferred Skills and Competencies:
- Understand the cloud computing paradigm using services such as Azure or AWS
- Have experience using an integrated development environment or application lifecycle management tool such as Visual Studio or TFS
- Demonstrated knowledge in software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience training small teams regarding test engineering concepts
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment while providing consistent application lifecycle managementEmployer is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please for special accommodation.All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employer plc, 2014 - Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, IrelandREGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370Employer is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Allegion, Carmel , Information Technology Automated Quality Analyst, Professions , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!