Sr Electrical Engineer II
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and
satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving
problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our
great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the
freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K
match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to
view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers
innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our
expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach
beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security
and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most
pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated
operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to
creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at
nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in
Indianapolis, IN. As a global business, our leaders must have the
ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world
-- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people
who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to
advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our
- Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any
standard power conversion topologies (DC/DC and AC/DC; non-isolated
- Architect circuit card assembly-level power schemes.
- Utilize power conversion simulation programs (like SIMPLIS or
Saber) to model converter design performance.
- Utilize analysis tools like Mathcad to assess electrical design
robustness of power circuitry.
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through
PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power
- Design power converters to meet a set of requirements,
sometimes defining those requirements.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
- Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain
Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from
an accredited University.
- A minimum of four to six years professional work experience
required, or two to four years' experience with a Master's degree
in a STEM relate discipline
- Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with analog
electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp
- Must have design, analysis, and/or test experience with linear
converters, and any of the following non-isolated converter
topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
- Must have experience using PSPICE (or similar), and other
circuit simulation tools.
- Must have experience with analysis tools such as Mathcad.
- Must have design and/or test experience with thermal concerns
- Must have design and/or test experience with taking, analyzing,
and correcting Bode plots.
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to
function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management
- Must have strong teaming skills, and good communication
- Must be customer-focused.
- Design, analysis, or test experience with any of the following
isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge,
push-pull. Professional experience with digital power control.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and Hyperlynx.
- Experience with guiding ECAD designers through layout (power
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power
- Experience with military specifications or similar
(MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464)
- Experience with transformer and inductor design
- Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
- Design experience with voltages > 400V.
- Design experience with power > 10 kW.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned
- Experience with proposal development.
Electrical Engineering Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
University, with 6 or more years' professional experience.
Mathematics and Physics degrees may also be acceptable.
IISIndy 141514Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Carmel , Sr Electrical Engineer II, Professions , Carmel, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!